Do you have a plan to vote? Make yours today
With Election Day less than two weeks away, take a few minutes this week to make sure you have a plan to vote! Remember, on Election Day you can only vote at your assigned polling location. By confirming your polling location and deciding how and when you'll vote—whether that's by absentee ballot, early, or on Election Day—making a voting plan is the best way to ensure your vote counts!
The following deadlines are specifically for residents of NY state. We strongly encourage you to take action before these deadlines, to make sure that your vote counts and your voice is heard!
Election Day is Nov. 3
Absentee ballot deadlines
Request: Oct. 27
Return by mail: Postmarked by Nov. 3
Return in person: Nov. 3 by 9:00pm
Oct. 24 - Nov. 1, dates and hours may vary based on where you live
- Vote During COVID-19
- Check out these guidelines to stay safe while you vote!
- Request an Absentee Ballot
- If you cannot get to your assigned polling location on Election Day or prefer to vote by mail because of COVID-19 risks, you will need to vote by absentee ballot! You can request a ballot through New York State's website.
- Lookup Sample Ballot
- View upcoming elections and candidate information!
- Review Elected Offices
- Learn about the different offices that will appear on your ballot!
- Understand State Rules
- Check out your state's rules before you vote!
- Voting 101
- Find answers to common questions and discover your voting rights!