Cast your ballot! Together, we all make a difference.
Last week you made a plan to vote and now it’s time to put that plan into action! Millions of Americans—and quite a few SUNY Oswego students—have already cast their ballots. Now it’s your turn! Whether you need to mail your completed absentee ballot, will head to the polls on Tuesday, Nov. 3, or plan to vote early, we’re here to help with those final details such as confirming your polling place and checking out the candidates for local races. After you've cast your ballot, head over to our downloads page for some fun ways to share. Remember, every vote counts!
The following deadlines are specifically for residents of NY state. We strongly encourage you to take action before these deadlines, to make sure that your vote counts and your voice is heard!
Election Day is Nov. 3
Oct. 24 - Nov. 1, dates and hours may vary based on where you live
- Vote During COVID-19
- Check out these guidelines to stay safe while you vote!
- Request an Absentee Ballot
- If you cannot get to your assigned polling location on Election Day or prefer to vote by mail because of COVID-19 risks, you will need to vote by absentee ballot! You can request a ballot through New York State's website.
- Lookup Sample Ballot
- View upcoming elections and candidate information!
- Review Elected Offices
- Learn about the different offices that will appear on your ballot!
- Understand State Rules
- Check out your state's rules before you vote!
- Voting 101
- Find answers to common questions and discover your voting rights!