Need to Register?
NYS voter registration ends on October 14th, 2016 at 4 p.m.
Voting starts with registration and only takes a few minutes. Where you are from will determine which form you need to fill out and submit.
Note: Even if you have missed registration for this year’s presidential election, you can still register now for any future elections!
Voting Eligibility Requirements:
- Citizenship of the United States.
- 18 years of age by December 31 of the year in which you register. NOTE: In order to vote, you must be 18 years old by the day of the election in which you want to vote.
- Be a resident of the county for at least 30 days before the election.
- Not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction.
- Not claiming the right to vote elsewhere.
Students from NYS
If you live anywhere in New York state, you simply need to submit a New York state registration form either online, through mail or in person at the Oswego County Board of Election. Download and fill out this form to submit registration by mail.
Alternatively you can register online here through rockthevote.com. Online registration requires the following:
- a New York State DMV issued driver license, learner permit or Non-Driver ID
- It must be you most recently issued document
- the ZIP Code currently on record with the DMV
- the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (SSN)
Students from out-of-state
It is recommended that students register in the state of their permanent residence. Out-of- state students should register in the state from which they are from and submit that state registration form instead. Register for your state requirements for voting.
Registration is not permanent and can be changed at a later date should there be any changes to your residence, name or political party.
Not sure if your registered? check your registration status to check your registration status and polling location.